- Shareholder and partnership disputes (buyouts, dissolutions, accountings, minority oppression).
- Merger and acquisition litigation for closely-held businesses.
- Business torts (including fraud, tortious interference, unfair trade practices, trade secret misappropriation, non-compete violations, conversion, bad faith, defamation).
- Corporate veil piercing and successor liability.
- Franchise litigation.
Commercial And Real Estate Litigation
- Commercial collections.
- Foreclosures and foreclosure defense.
- Recovery of collateral (replevin) and secured party disputes.
- Lender liability.
- Landlord-tenant disputes.
- Contract disputes.
- Automobile accidents.
- Premises liability.
- Products liability.
Attorney Dean has extensive experience representing attorneys and other licensed professionals before disciplinary tribunals at the administrative, trial court, and appellate levels. In appropriate cases, he has represented plaintiffs in legal malpractice cases and has served as an expert witness concerning a lawyer's professional responsibilities.
- Breach of employment agreements.
- Wrongful discharge.
- Discrimination claims.
- Wage and hour claims.
- Employee torts.
Probate And Fiduciary Litigation
Fiduciary accountability and removal, undue influence, and constructive trusts.
Attorney Dean has handled numerous miscellaneous cases beyond the Practice Areas listed elsewhere. The types of these cases are too numerous to list in their entirety but encompass such diverse subjects as construction claims and mechanics liens, conversion and civil theft claims, defamation, tax appeals, and bankruptcy adversary proceedings (litigation concerning dischargeability, preferences, and reliefs from stay).
Contracts And Business Administration
Contract negotiation and drafting, employment contracts, non-competition and confidentiality agreements, company formation and administration, lease review, etc.